"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): This is the end. My only friend, the end.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

This is the end. My only friend, the end.

Oh my, the Freedom Summer is over! I've gone to waaaay too many picnics, BBQs, camping trips, baseball games, sailing trips, bike rides, and pool parties and now it's time to get back to the regular routine! For Labor Day weekend, I headed off on one last adventure. My friends JJ and Steve are getting married in October, so they had a joint bachelor/bachelorette weekend at a rented cabin on a lake up north.

There were 19 of us in one HUGE cabin on Bear Lake! It was a blast! We had huge bonfires every night, the world's largest croquet game, our friend who is an astrophysicist showed us tons of stars and we even saw a few moons of Jupiter in a telescope, fishing, canoeing and sailing, charades and TONS to eat and drink! It was a blast and I'm so excited for their wedding!
Finding some constellations and a view of the lake (from the morning when I inexplicably woke up at 6am and couldn't fall back asleep so I sat in a boat and read while watching the sun come up.)
Throwing ridiculously large logs on the fire and the boys taking the sailboat out on a day when there were 70mph wind gusts... and they obviously tipped it over (the water is that color because the lake is full of iron!)
Claire caught a tiny fish and waiting around for your turn in a 13 person croquet game...
Charades and shotgunning beers around the bonfire on the last night...

Today was the first day of school... tried to dress pretty conservatively since I knew I'd be meeting a lot of new parents bringing in last minute medications and health forms.
Cardigan - thrifted vintage
Dress - thrifted, shortened by me
Neclace - thrifted vintage
Bracelet - World Market
Shoes - London Underground

I had the funnest summer ever, but I'm ready to get back to working 8 hour days and catching up on everyone's blogs!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Happy BTS (back to schoool)! Looks like such a great weekend. I especially appreciate the shotgunning of the beers.

Rebecca said...

It looks like you had a great summer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails