"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Electric eclectic

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Electric eclectic

Yesterday, I was making waffles for dinner (duh) and reached around the spice rack to grab the cinnamon and a paper wasp came flying out! Gaa! I totally smashed it with a spatula and was so proud. This has nothing to do with anything other than the fact that I wanted to brag about how I am a natural born killer and a force to be reckoned with. Tell your friends, Polistes dominula.

 Necklace - some beads from Jo-Ann fabrics
Turtleneck - thrifted Target Sample
Belt - thrifted
Bangles - thrifted
Skirt - thrifted Ann Taylor Loft
Sandals - thrifted Candies

Necklace, bangles, skirt detail:

Nothing much to say today, I'm going to go read "Super Sad True Love Story" by Gary Shteyngart because it is our book club pick this month. I just started it but like it so far because it takes place in the future, like all awesome things do (like Back to the Future II)... speaking of which, last year on November 12 (the day of the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance) I made the boy watch all three Back to the Future movies in a row and I'm going to do it again this year. Put it on your calendar. It is fun!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

now THAT sounds like a fantastic idea! I don't think I've ever watched all 3 back-to-back. Sounds like fun! (please tell me there are costumes involved as well...)

What a funky mix! Looks like tons of fun to wear, and your accessory choices are inspired :o)

Unknown said...

That is some serisou pattern mixing, I love it!

Rebecca said...

That is a great pattern mix.

I've never watched all three movies in a row, but that sounds like fun.

Marie said...

Love those bangles! and the skirt pattern is the bomb.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

C said...

You are the master of all things pattern mixing. Dammit this is so fantastically cool. Oh, and BTTF marathon? YES.

Ana said...

Wow, very nice pattern mixing! Bold, in a good way. Also, can I just say how cute your tattoo is? Love it!

- Ana
http://www.ToilTroubleStyle.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails