"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Le legs

Friday, May 14, 2010

Le legs

The final day of academichic's "Dress Your Best" week... yes, time for the stems. I used to have a total complex about how I had "big" calves... um, yeah, I was a gymnast... it's called muscle. Guh, what a stupid girl I was. Anyhoodle, I now love my legs. I realize that they are nice because I work to keep them that way, I run 15 miles every week and bike or walk places whenever possible. I have thin little ankles, shapely calves, and they are pretty long for a short girl. I never realized this until I lived with two girls named Megan and Megan and all three of us were the same height. In photos of us they would marvel at how long my legs were compared to theirs (they both had long torsos, unlike me, I swear my ribs are grinding on my pelvis like it's an unchaperoned middle school dance in there.)

Again, can't wear anything too short to work, being around children all day, but anything above the knee is a bit risque for me so here we go...
Oxford - thrifted J.Crew
Watch - Michael Kors
Skirt - thrifted (handmade)
Shoes - Madeline

Honestly, after working with special needs teens for years (many of whom used walkers or wheelchairs) and having a cousin who was paralyzed a few years ago, I don't care what you look like legs, as long as you keep functioning. Go on, grow cellulite and varicose veins in the future, I double dog dare you, just keep on moving and I swear I will keep you strong and won't take you for granted. I may embarrass you in public though by making you wear insanely colored and patterned tights or those old lady knee-highs that come in a plastic bubble, but you're okay with that, yeah?

P.S. Yes, I am bow-legged. So is my mom. I dig it!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too right! Working legs are gorgeous legs, and I'm grateful for mine, too.

Mary said...

I love your tribute to your legs-- so true!

Anonymous said...

Ha! I almost just spit my coffee at my monitor over your line about your ribcage grinding on your pelvis! You crack me up!

Your legs are gorgeous, and you take amazing care of them, rock on.

Loved all of your tributes this week, thank you so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

I'm definately grateful for my legs! I had the same complex about "big" calves in high school... I ran cross country :) silly youngins'

La Fille D'or said...

I loved this week of posts. You're too funny! : ) You made my week fun- since I was feelin' under the weathers. Well done -you looked great all week and thank you for sharing your stories! haha In highschool I always wish my 'boobs had popped too'- but they never did- ah well! And as for legs I have pretty large thighs for my hieght and weight - but it's pretty much muscle since I danced ballet. I'm coming to terms with how they look in jeans, but it's pretty cool that as far as leg strength gooes I can kick almost anyones bum. I just need to get back on good workout plan. Do you run everyday?

FutureLint said...

I only run on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I do 5 miles per session. I'm trying to do some yoga or exercise DVDS other days, so I work my arms and core, but that doesn't always happen - oops!

EvaNadine said...

you definitely do have gorgeous gams lady! i am hoping to work back to the long, lean legs i had back in my dancing days...

C said...

Yowza. You have KILLER legs!!! KILL-AH.

And I'm so with you on the middle school torso dance. My ribs are practically embedded into my pelvis.

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

i have the same issue - i commute by bike, and my calves are, shall we say, well defined. as are my quads. knee-length dresses and a bit of heel works for me!

Raquelita said...

You do have some lovely gams! I almost died laughing about your unchaperoned middle school dance reference.

Rachel said...

I love the tribute to your legs! They are definitely fantastic!!

xx rk

StudioSwag.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow! I just found your blog via DYB Week and I'm loving it. Not only do you have a wonderful perspective but your clothes are super super cute. Awesome. I'll be back!

ANDWHATELSEISTHERE said...

All of them seem great ;)
i Like it

Rebeccak said...

Hee hee.. love the leg collage! Ands you're right - nice stems!

black-swans-pond.blogspot.com

Lesa said...

Hi Christine, I just left you two blog awards if you would like to come on over to my blog and check them out. Love your pics today.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails