"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Le hair

Monday, May 10, 2010

Le hair

The ladies over at academichic asked me to be a part of their "Dress Your Best" week, by dressing to celebrate what you love about your body! So, since my hair is what people always notice about me first, I picked that one first. I think that wearing earthy tones compliments my hair and wearing green brightens it by providing contrast!
Cardigan - Target
Dress - thrifted and shortened by me
Tights - TJ Maxx?
Shoes - Linea Paolo

My hair is a huge part of who I am. Growing up, I hated it because it made me different and made old ladies try to pet me in the grocery store. A little boy in my first grade class told me my hair was red because I ate Spaghetti-Os and carrots for lunch every day (which I did). But after a while, I realized that at least all the attention was positive and if Anne of Green Gables could accept her hair, so could I.  It's unruly, it gets in my face (thus why I put it up almost every day...), but I am growing it out, so hopefully it will be less all up in my grill and I can wear it down more often without being bothered by it all day. Le hair, I love you.

14 comments:

Raquelita said...

You really do have some amazingly gorgeous hair, lady!

Anonymous said...

well add me to the club of people who love your hair! the color is so pretty, and i love the curls. ~joelle

Anonymous said...

That outfit truly does accentuate your gorgeous locks!

WendyB said...

That first grade story is highlarious.

e. of academichic said...

I've always thought that you have amazing hair, whatever way you wear it! And how funny, my word verification for this post is "beret."

Rebecca said...

I was always jealous of redheads as a kid. I wanted red ringlets like Tacey from the Betsy-Tacy books.

Rad said...

Yes, your hair is awesome. Curly and red? The best combination. Way to love your locks.

C said...

I'm so glad you picked your hair as one of your 5 things. Spoiler alert: I'm doing the same thing!

Unknown said...

Love the outfit! If you took my two sisters (one curly the other red) and combined their hair it would be yours! I was always so jealous of their hair! They had so much personality. So, needless to say I LOVE your hair!
~Robin
halfpastafreckle

liz said...

I did hair today as well, wish mine stood out as gorgeously as yours!

LyddieGal said...

Your hair is great, though I would not want to be pet! haha.

The green really does make it stand out, and I love your tights!

Chic on the Cheap

gina said...

You do have beautiful hair! The green looks great with your hair.

Amanda said...

You are lovely and I like to keep up with your blog, but riddle me this: why do you almost always look down in your pictures?

Lori said...

I hear you about the hair. My hair is super curly as well. I used to straighten it everyday for almost a year because I hated how puffy it would get. I just recently decided to stop and embrace the curl.
Here's to curly girls!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails