"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Fairy tales can come true

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Fairy tales can come true

Yesterday...
IMG_3860
Jacket - Jacob
Shirt - gift
Jeans - Paul & Joe for Target
Shoes - Sack's 5th Avenue brand

I know you probably can't read the shirt so here ya go:
IMG_3859

Nate gave me this shirt as a bit of an early Valentine's Day gift. It's from the movie "The Great Outdoors" - I always laughed and told Nate I wanted the proprietor of the cabin's shirt:
I think it's a hilarious shirt, to brag about the fact that you've been to Duluth (which I have and it was full of Stormtroopers!) I think it's awesome he actually found it for me!

After work, I changed into my concert boots (big combat boots that I've worn to like 100 concerts over the years) and Nate and I went to First Ave to see...

NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL.

I have been obsessed with them since my senior year of high school and I didn't think I'd ever get to see them play live (it's been 15 years since they've toured.) I saw Jeff Mangum (the lead singer) play a solo show two years ago but this was the whole band! Standing there, it was like all of 16-year-old Christine's dreams had come true... I was at a Neutral Milk Hotel show at one of the finest independent rock clubs in history with my cute skateboarder husband. Swooooooooon.

Sorry kids, no photos from the event at the request of the band (I suspect most people did not honor this request, but I did.) Besides, I don't need a photo to remember - I'll never forget it - I assure you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails