"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Wedding week: Our ceremony

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Wedding week: Our ceremony

Our ceremony was short. Like crazy short. We didn't want a bunch of readings and songs, so we just boiled it down to the essentials. Nate and the wedding party walked to "Girl from the North Country" by Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash. We had an astroturf aisle to go with our baseball theme!

My dad and I walked to Be My Baby by The Ronettes.

Nate's nephew Terry read An Awesome Book of Love (you can read the whole book online if you click on that link). We had four big hanging Moroccan star lanterns instead of an arch and we stood on home plate! 

Nate and I wrote our own vows which were also short and sweet. We exchanged rings, kissed, and that was that!  Our officiant was my disabled buddy Daniel's dad! He's a former pastor, theology professor, and current chaplain at a children's hospital. He was a big help in planning our ceremony and it was nice to have someone I know so well and who knows what he's doing! And look at the cool copper walls!


We all walked out (and waved to Henrik!) to What a Wonderful World by Joey Ramone. Then it was time for the reception, which I'll post about tomorrow!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails