"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): Seeing Red-Orange

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Seeing Red-Orange

Today is one of those days. Already. I am grouchy and tired and it is too cold. Getting up when it is still pitch black outside and turning on the news to see it's -3F is getting old. And I have three more months of it. I was hoping a super warm and soft cardigan and bright pants would help turn my day around, so we'll see. My day may also get turned around if I get to go watch our school's staff vs. high-school basketball team game this afternoon at the Target Center. I'm pretty sure the staff will win because one member of the staff is a former Harlem Globetrotter, our principal is playing and he's 6'8" and another teacher played college ball and is 6'10"... sorry 16 year old boys, you are going down.

Yes, my pants are the exact color of Crayola's Red-Orange crayon.
Cardigan - thrifted
Brooches - thrifted
T-shirt - Target
Pants - thrifted J.Crew
Clogs - thrifted Carlos Santana

Shoes and pins:

Why in the world is Carlos Santana making women's shoes? I had no idea he did until I thrifted these clogs last year. So strange.

EDIT: I do get to go to the basketball game! The kids are super excited to play on the same court as where the MN Timberwolves play and I'm super excited because I have to bring my EMS bag...
which matches my pants! Now I'm double awesome/nerdy!

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

Those pants are fantastic.

I usually take my dog for a walk in the morning, and it is not fun when it is below zero and dark.

Anonymous said...

I'm getting the winter blues, too. And it's WAY too early for that.

Both pants and clogs are absolutely stellar!

Unknown said...

I agree with Sal it's too early for Winter blues. I am fighting them (and a serious case of the Wednesdays) off with bright yellow and flowers today.

Carlos Santana makes some fierce shoes! I didn't realize it was "the" Carlos Santana I thought someone had just stolen his name for a while... silly me.

Anonymous said...

Your pants have certainly brightened my day! I have no idea why Carlos Santana is making women's shoes, but apparently he's making purses too. Maybe he was inspired by Jessica Simpson?

heidiluxe said...

that sweater is like hot chocolate for the body. it looks great. perhaps your pants are warm soup? very toasty.

Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...

Carlos has been making shoes for at least a decade, and I am always impressed by how FUN they are (and usually relatively comfy). Who wouldathunkit?

BTW you look adorable, love the orange!

Rad said...

Cute clogs! I've seen his shoes on Zappos. A man of many talents.
I hope your bright shoes, pants, and the basketball game brightened your day! Just remember- they days ARE getting longer.

Tiffany said...

I thought the same thing when I saw the shoes but then I shrugged and remembed Carlos is everywhere. A few years ago, every concert I went to had a surprise Carlos Santana perfomance. My friend and I even had this whole Carlos Santana SNL-style skit worked out where you'd walk in to McDonalds and the cashier would be none other than Carlos Santana. Thankfully his shoe designing skills are right in line with his musical abilities...

Anonymous said...

mwhahah love the matching bag/pants. and i almost feel sorry for those kids. but not quite.

Lesa said...

I covet those shoes!

Nicola said...

I'm actually laughing at how good your staff team is. In every school I've ever worked in the staff team would have been terrible, you must work in a super school!

C said...

LOVE the outfit! Those pants are phenomenal, and I totally love the grandpa cardigan look up top.

Oh, and I hope you had an awesome time at the game! I'm pretty sure none of my high school teachers were Harlem Globetrotters (though one can never be sure...).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails