"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): 60s shoes and chambray

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

60s shoes and chambray

Monday, I found the best '60 deadstock shoes on the face of the earth... cheap too!
Sweater - Michael Kors (why is it so cold that I am wearing cashmere sweaters in JULY?!?)
Black tank - little boys Fruit of the Loom undershirt
Skirt - made by me
Tights - Target?

Tuesday, I'm filling in for a school nurse for a few days, starting today. And what greeted me not a half hour into my day? Car crash victims. JAWS. Luckily all three children in the van were in the back and buckled and escaped with only bruised chests and necks from the seatbelts. The mom was pretty rough - the impact was in the front drivers side and she got pretty banged up by the dashboard, steering wheel, and airbags. Everyone will be okay though, thank goodness. Hopefully the rest of the week will be boring by comparison!

Hair band - fabric scrap I threw in my hair while helping make a disco party costume for a friend, have worn it for years since then!
Dress -thrifted
Shoes - thrifted

Otherwise, life has been busy and fun! I have two friends coming to visit this weekend, one of whom is staying with me, so I'll try to bust out the camera and document all our adventures. Next week, I'm off to South Dakota to finally meet the boy's dad! 10 hour road trip with the boy and his best friend Peter who is in town from New York for two weeks! I'm really excited - I love Pete and was so sad when he moved away to go to grad school last year. So I won't be around much the next two weeks, but I'll try to take as many pictures as I can (I'm so bad at it - I just forget all the time!) Bye kids!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, never heard of Jabots. What a fun shop!

just my style said...

Those shoes are totally awesome...they remind me of Mary Poppins...favorite movie EVER!

Unknown said...

You have a fun and SAFE trip! See you when you get back ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails