"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): dayglo and breaking the rules

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

dayglo and breaking the rules

Hey kiddos! Still alive, still crazy busy, still having too much fun!

So yesterday I dressed like a highlighter... I'm trying to decide whether I should keep this 60s dayglo nightie or not, so I wore it over to the boy's house for a porch cocktail and some late night people watching. I got quite a few stares when I went next door to the gas station... I think I'll hold on to it for now, I've never seen another one like it and I go thrifting a LOT.


Dayglo nightie - thrifted
Leggings - I Heart Ronson
Shoes - Pierre Hardy for GAP

Today

Ryan (boyfriend) - Your outfit doesn't make sense.
Me - Only when you know the rules, can you break the rules.
Ryan - What are the rules?
Me - Do you REALLY want me to start talking about the rules?
Ryan - No, Carrie Bradshaw.
Me - (devil stare)

Shirt - JC Penny super clearance (yeah, I got distracted buying new work bras the other day...)
Skirt - thrifted
Shoes - thrifted Nine West

Whoo! Newly fixed vintage shoes, fresh from the cobbler with new heels!

I got new taps for two other pairs of heels, but these were the tough ones for them and they turned out fabulous! $3 thrifted Nine West shoes from Brazil, $29 in repairs... hmm... still totally worth it!

That is all for today kids, 7 hours on my feet at work, ran 5 miles, now I'm off to make dinner with the boy and watch the Twins games... ahhhh

10 comments:

J said...

I've been reading your blog for a few weeks but I don't think I've commented yet.

My boyfriend always uses the Carrie Bradshaw comeback anytime I try to talk about why something works or doesn't work. I think it's a boy go-to response.

Check out my beauty product/shopping/whatever blog if you want!
http://nocrocsandreviews.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

On your feet all day, You must be one fit woman!

You are bold enough to carry off that pretty pink top :)

Anonymous said...

KEEP the nightie! But give those Pierre Hardy for Gap platforms to me, please ...

elena-lu said...

dude i dont think i could wear such a bold color you are awesome for it! be sure to get some relaxing time inbetween all your busy bee activities!! hugs to you

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Perhaps it's me being California beach-ish, but I absolutely love the bright pink blouse.I deffinately say keep it!

Ms. Falcon said...

your outfit works quite good. love it.
the nine west wedges are so gorgeous!

http://www.wardrobexperience.blogspot.com/

ipopheart said...

the shoes in the first pic are amazing!!!!! (the white ones)

daddylikeyblog said...

KEEP THE HIGHLIGHTER NIGHTIE! That's seriously one of my favorite outfits of yours, like, ever. The gray leggings with it are just perfect!

Candycane said...

Really digging the nightie :D KEEPS!!!

Elaine said...

I think you should keep it.. The bright pink is a statement!! And I love those Gap shoes.....Must get some....



clothedmuch.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails