"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): I'd rather be riding my bike

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'd rather be riding my bike

It's been in the 80s for days... which is kinda weird for Minnesota. But I'll take it! School has been great so far - I spend most of the day entering vaccination records but try to spend an hour every afternoon decorating our room... they made EVERYONE in the school take EVERYTHING down because they were going to switch some rooms around. Um... you're not going to change where the health office is. We need the big bathroom and med room... so I was annoyed to do it but now I'm excited because we get to start from scratch!

Monday, I decided to dress like a sunflower:
Cardigan - thrifted
Dress - I Heart Ronson
Shoes - Dezario
Necklaces - one is from Target, two are thrifted

Today:
Vest - thrifted in the little boys section (since little boys don't have boobs I can't get it closed at the top so I strung a necklace through the button hole and secured it at the top and bottom with safety pins on the inside...)
Necklace - Claire's (it's from when I was Little Orphan Annie for Halloween a few years ago)
Tank - Target
Skirt - thrifted
Shoes - Chinese Laundry

I'm thinking about doing a more permanent fix with the vest... I'll probably replace the buttons and sew matching ones into the opposite buttonholes, then loop chains from one side to the other... we'll see. It's hard to find ways to make something that doesn't fit, fit. This is how I started selling stuff on etsy... too many cute things that weren't meant for girls with boobs...

P.S. Went to see Regina Spektor (for the 3rd time!) on Friday (my birthday present from Brittany) - SO fun! SO SO good!

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

Love the necklace/vest idea and warning, I am totally inspired to try something similar myself!

Anonymous said...

The vest trick is BRILL! What a great way to deal with a top that won't quite close.

Unknown said...

You are so creative! Love that idea!

Megan said...

Ha, that's exactly why I started my etsy shop! It's like you want to hate the ladies from hindering you from wearing clothes, but you can't blame them for just doing what they do, either.

ipopheart said...

aw what a cute dress! and what a great Idea for the vest...

Bek said...

Love the yellow dress. So sweet!

Nana Erin said...

DUDE. The vest closing thing is GENIUS.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails