"" FutureLint (I have nothing to wear!): It was all yellow

Thursday, September 22, 2011

It was all yellow

I found this Banana Republic dress for $2 because it had a big yellow stain on one side (NO! Not that kind of stain!) I figured for $2, I could at least turn the bottom half into a cute skirt, but I was able to get it all out! Hooray! I just let it soak in a bucket full of OxyClean for like 24 hours and it was totally gone! Then I just threw it in the washing machine and ta-da! $2 dress!

Headband - DIY (it's the hem of a black jersey dress that I shortened)
Necklace - Kohl's
Cardigan - thrifted Aeropostale
Dress - thrifted Banana Republic
Tights - Cynthia Rowley
Shoes - Seychelles


Does anyone else get nerdily excited about stain removal? I mean, I hate when I spill on things (which is sadly often - damn travel mug of coffee on the bus gets me every time!) but it's kind of exciting to fix the problem! No? Just me? Ok fine, if we're giving away deep dark secrets I will also tell you that I secretly love alphabetizing things (like the health files at work) an insane amount. I'm cool, I know. So what's your nerdy secret love?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails